More Women in Atlanta Choosing Breast Augmentation and Enhancement Procedures
Surgeons at Plastic Surgery Center of the South explain why more breast augmentations were performed than any other plastic surgery procedure last year and why they predict the trend will continue.
(PRWEB) -- Mirroring a nationwide trend in 2009, Plastic Surgery Center of the South (http://www.plasticsurgerycenterofthesouth.net/) saw more women requesting Atlanta breast augmentation than any other surgical procedure. The three board-certified plastic surgeons at the practice believe that the procedure will see continued popularity in 2010.
Women choose breast augmentation for a variety of reasons. Many want to increase their cup size to achieve a fuller, more feminine breast contour. Other women want to correct asymmetry or improve body proportions. In addition, many women choose breast augmentation to restore fullness after pregnancy, breastfeeding, or significant weight loss.
"Women who are happy with their breasts often don't appreciate what a tremendous impact breast augmentation can have on women who lack self-confidence in this area," explains Dr. James E. Leake, a plastic surgeon at the practice. "Many of my patients describe how feeling confident about their appearance has had a positive ripple effect on the other areas of their life."
At Plastic Surgery Center of the South, women have many options for their breast augmentation. The practice offers both saline and silicone gel implants in a range of sizes, and women also have options regarding incision placement. During the initial consultation, patients will discuss each of these concerns with their surgeon. Under some circumstances, the surgeons may recommend combining a breast lift with breast augmentation for a more youthful appearance.
"At our Atlanta plastic surgery practice, we believe that the consultation is truly key to a successful surgery," explains Dr. Michael Petrosky, a plastic surgeon at the practice. "Through a careful analysis of body proportions and a thorough discussion of all the options, my colleagues and I can offer sound recommendations on size and shape so that a woman feels confident about her decision."
Plastic Surgery Center of the South
The Plastic Surgery Center of the South is located in Marietta, GA, only minutes away from Atlanta and many of its suburbs. The practice's three board-certified plastic surgeons have over 70 years of combined surgical experience. Breast augmentation surgery, as well as most of the cosmetic surgery procedures they offer, is performed at the practice's state-of-the-art outpatient surgical facility, which offers the latest safety innovations and modern creature comforts. Each surgeon also retains staff privileges at nearby Wellstar Kennestone Hospital and Marietta Surgical Center for more extensive cosmetic or reconstructive surgeries.
- Award-Winning Cosmetic Surgeon Joins American Health and Beauty - American Health and Beauty welcomes award-winning Dr. Nedra Dodds of Opulence Aesthetic Medicine as a Contributing Provider to the leading aesthetic online magazine.
- Facelift Alternative: Mini Deep Plane Facelift - Using smaller incisions, the Mini Deep Plane Facelift is ideal for male and female patients and offers long lasting results.
- New Techniques In Breast Reconstruction: Body-Jet And Nipple-Sparing Mastectomy - Using water assisted liposuction, physicians may use the patients own fat to reconstruct breasts and the new technique, nipple-sparing mastectomy allows more flexibility in determining what reconstructed breasts will look like.
- The Best Breast Reduction Results Stem From Proper Education - The first step in getting the ideal breast reduction is education - Dr. Joseph Bauer of The Swan Center for Plastic Surgery explains the importance of the right physician and the right procedure for the patient.
- A Tummy Tuck Alternative Without The Scarring - Dr. Lou Cole combines laser lipolysis and radio frequency skin tightening to produce the effects of a tummy tuck without the major scar and with significantly less downtime.
- Non-Surgical Facelift Offers Patients Another Way To Fight Time - By combining several minimally invasive procedures, Dr. Lou Cole offers facelift-like results - without the downtime and cost.
- Dr. Edmond Griffin Adds Zeltiq Coolsculpting Procedure To Practice - Zeltiq Coolsculpting is the newest technology in body sculpting that uses cryolyposis to literally "freeze your fat off."
- Coast Dental Opens New Practice in Atlanta - Dr. Tiffany Jamison offers comprehensive family dental services, accepts most dental insurance plans. Free exam & x-rays offered to patients without dental benefits.
- Sono Bello is Opening in Atlanta - This is the first Sono Bello MedSpa to open in the eastern United States
- Atlanta Plastic Surgeon Discusses Why Healthy Diet and Regular Exercise are Vital to any Cosmetic Surgery Procedure - David Whiteman M.D. of Southern Plastic Surgery in Atlanta launches a plastic surgery “Health and Wellness” website, providing patients with diet and exercise tips and healthy recipes to help maintain their cosmetic surgery results.