Non-Surgical Facelift Offers Patients Another Way To Fight Time
By combining several minimally invasive procedures, Dr. Lou Cole offers facelift-like results - without the downtime and cost.
With the advent of procedures that require no surgery, little to no downtime, and at only a fraction of what typical surgeries would cost, it's no wonder that patients are exploring non-invasive aesthetic options. Now several non-invasive treatments can be combined to give the surgical facelift a run for it's money.
"We do a non-surgical facelift where we use Thermage, Fraxel, Botox, and fillers to get a look that re-volumizes the face," says Dr. Louis Cole, a cosmetic surgeon in Duluth, GA. Thermage is a skin tightening device that uses radio frequency energy to regenerate collagen in the skin. The new collagen makes the skin tighter and firmer - creating a more youthful appearance. Fraxel, on the other hand, is a laser fractional resurfacing device that sends columns of light to the skin, damaging a portion of the epidermis but also leaving areas of undamaged skin between them, greatly improving the skin's ability to heal following the treatment.
1 Month Post Treatment
For the non-surgical facelift, Dr. Cole uses both Fraxel and Thermage along with injectables to rejuvenate, tighten, and restore volume to the skin. By using these minimally invasive treatments, he creates what he calls the triangle of youth. "Models have these big cheeks and narrow jaw lines. As we age, we get flat cheeks and big jowls." By mimicking the triangle of youth with the combination therapy, he says that patients see a great improvement. "We can take 10 or 15 years off somebody without doing any cutting."
One of the newer procedures is fat transfer to add volume to the face, and recent technological advances to this procedure have made it a permanent solution. However, Dr. Cole likes the temporary nature of fillers since they allow him to update the volume placement as a patient's face changes. "We haven't used fat in the face right now, but we've used the Radiesse, Sculptra, Juvederm and Perlane. One reason I haven't used the fat in the face is because as the face ages, what looked good at 35 might not look good at 60."
Dr. Cole adds that while patients may be tempted to have the fat transfer procedure to add volume to the face, it might not be best solution in the long run. "It sounds good because you only pay once, but I think that as the face ages, things change and the results may not look as good 10 or 15 years later."
- Award-Winning Cosmetic Surgeon Joins American Health and Beauty - American Health and Beauty welcomes award-winning Dr. Nedra Dodds of Opulence Aesthetic Medicine as a Contributing Provider to the leading aesthetic online magazine.
- Facelift Alternative: Mini Deep Plane Facelift - Using smaller incisions, the Mini Deep Plane Facelift is ideal for male and female patients and offers long lasting results.
- New Techniques In Breast Reconstruction: Body-Jet And Nipple-Sparing Mastectomy - Using water assisted liposuction, physicians may use the patients own fat to reconstruct breasts and the new technique, nipple-sparing mastectomy allows more flexibility in determining what reconstructed breasts will look like.
- The Best Breast Reduction Results Stem From Proper Education - The first step in getting the ideal breast reduction is education - Dr. Joseph Bauer of The Swan Center for Plastic Surgery explains the importance of the right physician and the right procedure for the patient.
- A Tummy Tuck Alternative Without The Scarring - Dr. Lou Cole combines laser lipolysis and radio frequency skin tightening to produce the effects of a tummy tuck without the major scar and with significantly less downtime.
- Non-Surgical Facelift Offers Patients Another Way To Fight Time - By combining several minimally invasive procedures, Dr. Lou Cole offers facelift-like results - without the downtime and cost.
- Dr. Edmond Griffin Adds Zeltiq Coolsculpting Procedure To Practice - Zeltiq Coolsculpting is the newest technology in body sculpting that uses cryolyposis to literally "freeze your fat off."
- Coast Dental Opens New Practice in Atlanta - Dr. Tiffany Jamison offers comprehensive family dental services, accepts most dental insurance plans. Free exam & x-rays offered to patients without dental benefits.
- Sono Bello is Opening in Atlanta - This is the first Sono Bello MedSpa to open in the eastern United States
- Atlanta Plastic Surgeon Discusses Why Healthy Diet and Regular Exercise are Vital to any Cosmetic Surgery Procedure - David Whiteman M.D. of Southern Plastic Surgery in Atlanta launches a plastic surgery “Health and Wellness” website, providing patients with diet and exercise tips and healthy recipes to help maintain their cosmetic surgery results.